We decided to have some fun and edit the footage from Above & Beyond’s original video for this song since they happened to be posing as a live band in it, it thematically fit perfectly with our IVORY remix.
As we grow more and more excited for what’s already shaping up for 2013, we wanted to take a look back on what 2012 meant for us. When we did, it was humbling to see it all laid out. Here’s a look back on the past year for NU.F.O.:
- We watched our fanbase grow across all our social media from a few hundred to over 20,000. Whoa. Minds = blown.
- Had many of our tracks featured on numerous blogs and radio shows including one of our personal faves, Digi10ve.
- Released 11 new tracks including a 5-song EP, “Midnight Remixed” which featured other artists remixing our work which was a personal first in both of our musical careers. It’s an amazing thing to hear your art reinterpreted by other amazingly talented musicians.
- Charted #1 for 2 weeks on PureVolume with our “Fire Fight” vocal remix of Skrillex’s track “Cat Rats” over Skrillex himself.
- Furthered our DIY approach and learned how to use video editing software to make our first music video ever for our vocal remix of “There & Back” by Wolfgang Gartner.
- We were featured on the “Into the Mix” radio show with Ioan Holland on Zone One Radio all the way over in London. We did about a half hour interview (with tracks) covering things like what influences us, what makes a good remix, how we approach EDM, remixes and more. We were then included in the 2012 wrap-up “Remixers of the Year” episode. We come in at the 33:30 mark.
- Came in 17th place out of 1400 producers in Linkin Park’s “Lost In The Echo” remix contest due entirely to your support. You guys are nothing short of amazing, we ♥ you.
- Had the TBMA remix of our track “Above the Surface” aired on BBC Radio 1 in Modestep’s mix. Comes in at the 43:30 mark.
Although these accomplishments seem grand and we are indescribably gracious for them, they pale in comparison to the greatest thing we got in the past year: an insane amount of new friendships and connections with all of you. That’s the payday for us in this, and why we give our music out free. We just love creating this art and meeting so many new people from our backyard to all over the world because of it. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you. We genuinely appreciate you.
So right off the bat for 2013, we’ve got a music video in the works which will feature our first track from our forthcoming sophomore record, “Still Amazed”. We expect the record to be out by late spring/early summer. We’ve got some other great remixes on deck already as well, and are starting preparations for our live setup. We’re excited for what the rest of the year will bring, the growth and transformation in our music, more awesome convo with all of you and for all the new friends we’ll make down the road. We wish you all a brilliant year in your own lives.
Derek Sawaya and co. from Khross came out for a day in Boston with us back when we were working on our “Lines Drawn” vocal remix. We got to chat it up about what it’s like to be an EDM artist in Boston and then they came along with us to the studio. Khross makes clothing for those who “Live Inspired”; definitely check out their post about us and browse the rest of the site while you’re there. There’s also direct links to snag the dope tee’s we were wearing in the vid. Here’s the link: http://www.khross.co/blogs/news/6608565-interview-with-boston-edm-duo-nu-f-o
Bassdrop Clothing, a company focused on bringing together music, fashion and design, came across the music video for our Wolfgang Gartner “Safest Bet” Vocal Remix and liked it so much they featured it with a write-up on their music blog. Check out the debut video if you haven’t already, read what Bassdrop had to say about it and while you’re there, snag some stellar EDM threads: http://bassdropclothing.com/nu-f-o-vs-wolfgang-gartner-safest-bet-vocal-remix-music-video/
Well, well, well…what have we here? Is that a YouTube player down there? This right here appears to be a music video lovingly crafted for you by those NU.F.O. dudes, MOSES & EP1C. This time we’re trying to give you a visual to one of our tracks and, at the same time, a small bit of who we are as people. We took a LOT of time to shoot and edit this footage over the course of a couple months during our writing, tracking and mixing sessions for our Wolfgang Gartner vocal remix, “Safest Bet”. You’ll also get a glimpse into how hard we work to get our music heard as we hustle outside of shows on the streets of Boston & New York City.
We hope you enjoy this window into our lives and a fitting visual for a remix that we’re insanely proud of.
“Midnight Insight” is, first and foremost, a dance record – it is meant to make you move and feel. But aside from the obvious influences of progressive house and trance, the album is also inspired by the brilliance of the best rock & pop music and the passion of modern hip hop. Finally, there’s something very important that Midnight Insight is NOT: a collection of disconnected short stories. Instead, it tells the story of Luci Dormir; a girl who has found the perfect escape from her problems…or so she thinks.
NU.F.O. itself represents the culmination of over a decade spent making music for the two of us – Moses & EP1C. Collectively, we have so far released 14 albums, but never together and never before in the genre of electronic music.
NU.F.O. is our crowning achievement: two musicians at our very best, doing the thing we love the most, driven by the spark of life and a Newly Formed Objective. Now #Rage.
. . .
We do not currently have any plans to tour as we
are focused on finishing production of our second
full-length record, “Still Amazed.” Be on the
lookout for dates to come in 2013.